Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Blessing

So things with the wedding have really slowed down but I knew we needed to get an officiant...and I knew who I wanted. Pastor Felkins is a WONDERFUL man and a GREAT Christian too. He was my childhood pastor and he's always been in my life. Though he's not at the church I grew up in, I have seen him almost every year of my life. For Christmas my family would go receive communion from him. Mahlon is a wonderful speaker too...so moving! Anyway...to get back to the point...as I walked out of the Gift Shop today I saw him and his wife Brenda by the elevators...I immediatly approached them (maybe rushed is the better word) and told them about my upcoming marriage. I also told Mahlon that I was in need of an officiant and I'd love him to do it. He graciously accepted! I'm really excited because this is just another peg that has fallen into place. I've been so busy that I've not had the time to talk to them. Plus Will and I have really tried to talk in person to everyone that we're asking to be in the wedding. It might draw out the process a little, but I think it's just a better way than calling them up and saying "hey wanna be in the wedding"

So thank goodness...we've got one more thing out of the way...

WE'RE ON THE FAST TRACK TO GET MARRIED!!!

1 comment:

  1. Um, be sure to keep him focused - I know he's done a ton of weddings, but it can stress a bride out *wink* when she doesn't know what's coming next! *wink wink*
    cns

    ReplyDelete