Friday, January 16, 2009

The Ball Keeps Rolling!!



Well, when I said we were going to get the ball rolling I really meant it! I've got a lot of the MAJOR stuff out of the way! Okay, so by now, you know that the wedding date will be NOVEMBER 7, 2009 and we'll be getting married at 4:00pm. But, did you know the following details?




1) We will be getting married at American Village in Montevallo --that is not too far from Hoover...for all of you that don't know. American Village has a beautiful chapel (see picture below) and a great barn where the reception will be taking place. We're also looking at some nearby hotels to go ahead and get a block of rooms reserved. If you want to see more pictures of American Village you can visit their website at www.americanvillage.org




2) We have a WONDERFUL photographer booked. His name is Barry Altmark and his work is just fabulous...no cheese!!!! I've been to several of the weddings Barry has shot, and well...the outcome is always so pleasing. If you can see what kinda stuff he does at http://www.barryaltmark.com/




3) We've also booked our florist/caterer. At the recommendation of our close friends Kim and Justin Barber, I visited Carolyn Counts of Counts Wedding Catering Service. Her prices were really reasonable and her work looked wonderful. I talked with a couple of other catering services and realized that no one can beat the great prices and service of Carolyn...plus her name is so great! :) I was still on the fence a little, but heard from even more people how wonderful she was...well that really locked it down. At least 5 recommendations came my way for her so I booked her on the spot! I can't wait to see her work at the wedding...oh and the menu...well let's just say that it's really going to fit the season! I'd show you her work, but don't have any yet...if I can get some friends to forward pictures, I'll pass them on!



So...This goes to show that we're trying to get things done quick. I'm still looking for a baker, a dj/band, a dress, and a few other odds and in. I'm not in such a hurry though. Thanks to everyone that helped me find these wonderful vendors and if you have any thoughts on the other needs please let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment