Thursday, May 6, 2010

Chicken Bundles

Several months ago, I found this recipe on a website...but I'm unsure of the source.  I decided to try it out because it seemed pretty simple and looked good...plus it was pretty inexpensive.  Everytime I make it now, I try out different variations...hope you enjoy just like Will and I do!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened (I prefer to use fat free)
  • 1  12.5 or 13 oz can white breast chicken
  • 1/4 tsp parsley
  • 2 cans crescent rolls (Leave in fridge until ready to use)
  • 1 Tbsp dried minced onion
      I like to add some 3 jalapeno slices and a 1/4 tsp of paprika for color and a kick!

DIRECTIONS:
Combine the above ingredients (minus crescent rolls and mix well).  I use my KitchenAid Hand Blender to make the mixture really smooth.

Open one 8 count package crescent rolls.  DO NOT divide into triangles.  Keep every 2 triangles together, forming 4 rectangles.

Pinch the seams closed and pat each one out into a larger square. 

Put a spoonfull of chicken/cream cheese mixture into the center of each square.  Fold the corners up into the center, layering like a flower petal, so the roll is sealed. Then press seams together to seal.

Repeat with all rectangles.  I generally have more mixture than crescent rolls...so always have the second can handy. 

Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees until golden brown (about 15-20 minutes).

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment